When a citizen is in need of police services more than likely the officer who responds will be from the Patrol Division. The Patrol Division is responsible for maintaining a safe environment for citizens as well as visitors to our community. The Patrol Division consists of dedicated men and women sworn to protect our community.
These dedicated men and women have specific goals: Some of those being he detection and prevention of crime, and overall public safety. In meeting this goal, we strive to provide a professional and productive agency capable of handling any situation that may arise through resource management and professional partnerships.The men and women of the Patrol Division are proactive in suppressing crime as well as maintaining constant community contacts.
Patrol activities include traffic enforcement, home and business security checks as well as answering a wide variety of calls for service from the community. The Patrol Division prides itself in solving problems through proactive partnerships with the community and surrounding agencies.
In April 2013 officers of the Crestview Police Department answered 5808 calls for service. Of those calls 4717 were officer initiated. Other highlights of patrol activity are:
- Officers made 777 traffic stops issuing 152 citations and 461 warnings.
- Twenty Nine arrests were made as a result of traffic stops.
- There were 239 traffic complaints during the month.
- Officers performed 2121 security checks on businesses, residences and problematic areas in the city.
- Responded to 25 domestic disturbances and 37 loud music complaints.
- Assisted other agencies on 46 occasions and responded to 17 animal complaints.
- The average response time from the time a call is received in January was 3.99 minutes.
A great deal of emphasis is placed on providing quality services to the community. If you have questions about activities near your home/business or have information to pass along you can contact a member of the the Patrol Division @ (850) 682-2055 or email the Patrol Commander, Lieutenant Jamie Grant @ firstname.lastname@example.org.