Where is the Crestview Police Department located?

The Crestview Police Department is located at 201 Stillwell Blvd. in Crestview, Florida. Our primary telephone numbers are Dispatch 850-682-2055 and Administration 850-682-3544.

What are the Police Department’s hours?

The Police Department is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, the lobby of the department is only staffed from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday (excluding city holidays). If assistance is required other than these times, there is a call box located at the entrance to the station.

How do I get a copy of a police report or crash report?

Police reports can be obtained in person at the records section of the Department. Reports are usually available 2-5 days after the incident.

Motor vehicle crash information is confidential and exempt from Chapter 119.07(1) Florida Statutes for a period of 60 days after the date of the crash report is filed. However, such reports may be made immediately available to the parties involved in the crash, their legal representatives, and their licensed insurance agents. For a complete list refer to the Chapter 316.066(3c), F.S.S.

To ensure that we are in accordance to Chapter 119, F.S.S., we will be asking for identification. After the 60 days, identification will not be required.

There is a $2.00 fee for a copy of the crash report. Certified copies are provided at $1.00 per page.

Police reports can be obtained at the Records Section 8:00 am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday (excluding city holidays), or by mail by sending a self-addressed envelope and proper payment.

Should I report suspicious activity in my neighborhood?

ABSOLUTELY! The Police Department depends on citizens calling to report crimes or suspicious activity. You will be asked questions about the activity to determine its nature for descriptions of the people involved. You may be asked if you would like an officer to contact you, however, you may remain anonymous if you wish.

How can I report suspected drug activity in my neighborhood?

You can call the Crestview Police Department Criminal Investigations Unit at 850.682.3544. You can remain anonymous and information received is confidential.

Does the police department offer fingerprinting? If so, when can I have my fingerprints done?

Yes, fingerprinting is offered Monday through Thursday from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. Please call the records section for rates. You must bring your fingerprint card with you, have it filled out in black ink, and have a valid picture ID. The Crestview Police Department is located at 201 Stillwell Blvd., Crestview, FL 32539.

When should I use 9-1-1?

9-1-1 should be used in emergency situations only, where immediate police, fire, or medical assistance is needed. Examples of this are crimes in progress, crashes with injuries or life threatening situations. All other calls for services should be done by using the non-emergency number, 850.682.2055.

Why did it take so long for the police to arrive when I called 9-1-1?

All requests for police services are assigned to priority based on the seriousness of the incident and the potential for injury or damage to property. At times, calls of a less urgent nature must be delayed so that we can respond immediately to emergencies.

Why am I asked so many questions when I call 9-1-1?

Receiving dispatchers are trained to try to get as much information as possible to best determine the nature of the problem and its seriousness. On emergency calls, the dispatcher has already sent the information to the officer while asking additional questions.

Can the police open my car if I locked my keys inside?

Because of the potential for damage to vehicles the police department does not open locked vehicles. A locksmith is your best alternative. If a child is locked inside the vehicle, the Fire Department will send a rescue unit to remove the child from the vehicle, possibly by breaking a window.

Can a police report be filed at any time of day. Do I need to make an appointment?

The police department will respond 24 hours a day, seven days a week to requests for police assistance.

A junk car has been abandoned in my parking lot or on my property. Can the police have it towed?

The police department can only have vehicles towed that are on public property. Call a wrecker service in your area and the vehicle will be towed away. The wrecker service will notify the owners once they have determined ownership.

We have a problem with speeders in our neighborhood. What can we do about it?

Page 1 of 4 | Next page